This taco recipe is from Brooke Warden who’s the owner and head chef Pink Cactus. A fun and casual Oaxacan style restaurant located in downtown Charleston serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dishes include tamales, tacos, enchiladas, tortas, quesadillas and margaritas.
Photo by: James Smith
Serves 10 to 12
4 pounds chicken thighs
1 can chipotle in adobo
10 garlic cloves, peeled
2 cups of chicken stock
1 to 2 limes
1 large onion, chopped
1 bunch cliantro, remove stem
Handful of radishes, thinly sliced
1 cup sour cream
1 lime, zested
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon Tajin seasoning
For the Crock Pot
For the Tacos
For the Garishes
For the Crema
- Combine chicken thighs, chipotle in adobo, garlic cloves, tomatoes and chicken stock to a crock pot and let cook for 8 hours (or overnight).
- Add a touch of oil to a nonstick pan.
- Add tortilla to pan and flip on both sides after tortilla starts to bubble.
- Shred chicken and add to cooked tortilla.
- Combine sour cream, lime zest, salt and Tajin seasoning into a small mixing bowl.
- Garnish with lime, onion, cilantro, radish and cotija.
- Sprinkle with crema.
- Recipe by Brooke Warden, Pink Cactus, Charleston