This lemon asparagus risotto offers a bright and fresh flavor profile perfect for transitioning to cooler weather. Asparagus paired with sweet lemon adds a lighter and brighter taste to creamy, stove-top risotto. The key ingredient in this risotto is Georgian-based company, Fresh Press Farms’ High Oleic Sunflower Oil. This sunflower oil offers a healthier alternative to traditional cooking oils as it contains lower levels of saturated fat and high smoke points.
6 cups vegetable broth
2 tablespoons Fresh Press Farms High Oleic Sunflower Oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cups Arborio rice
½ cup dry white wine
1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut (1-inch pieces)
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- Heat vegetable broth over low heat until warmed through.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan set over medium heat, heat Fresh Press Farms High Oleic Sunflower Oil. Add chopped onion. Sauté until soft and translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add arborio rice. Stir to coat with oil and onion mixture. Add white wine. Cook until absorbed, stirring constantly.
- To rice mixture, gradually add hot vegetable broth one ladleful at a time, stirring constantly. Allow each ladleful to be absorbed before adding next one,.
- When rice is tender but firm to the bite, add asparagus. Continue cooking until asparagus is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, and parmesan cheese. Season risotto with salt and pepper, and garnish with chopped parsley.
Recipe ByFresh Press Farms