Sit back and relax with this delicious and unique cocktail. I am sure you have never tried to infuse your own liquor for a mojito before. In this recipe you are going to do exactly that. Taking a plain liquor and giving any flavor profile you want is the perfect way to up your cocktail game. Don’t stop at this mojito recipe, take this tip of letting liquor steep with any pungent flavor elsewhere. Perhaps infuse rum with pineapple to make the perfect beach day treat. Or, let cranberries steep in vodka to make an elevated vodka cranberry. Don’t let your creativity end with reading a daring recipe. Take this fig leaf mojito recipe as inspiration to personify your cooking.
100g or 3.5 oz of fresh, chopped fig leaves
500g (2/3 bottle) of Don Q white rum
2 oz fig leaf rum
1/2 oz simple syrup
1/2 oz lime juice
3 mint leaves
For the Fig Leaf Rum
For the Mojito
- Make the fig leaf rum in advance: combine the chopped fig leaves and white rum.
- Let the rum steep for 48 hours. Strain after allotted time and use.
- Assemble the mojito: Combine the simple syrup and mint leaves in the bottom of a collins glass.
- Lightly press mint leaves into the glass with a bar spoon.
- Add lime juice and fig leaf rum.
- Fill with ice and top with soda water. Lightly stir to incorporate. Garnish with a fresh fig leaf!
- Recipe courtesy of Sean Umstead, Kingfisher