1. Combine chicken with marinade and refrigerate overnight.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large container or bowl. Remove the chicken from the marinade, removing excess marinade. Add to flour mixture and coat evenly.
3. Lay the dredged chicken on a rack-lined half sheet tray. Allow to sit for 5 minutes and then re-dredge in flour mixture.
4. Heat oil to 300 degrees, testing with a thermometer. Fry in batches, you are not looking for much color here. Remove chicken from fryer and and skim all the excess flour out of the oil. Raise heat to 350 degrees and fry again until desired color and temperature.
5. Drain on a rack. Leave at room temperature for a same-day picnic, or refrigerate overnight if you’re eating the following day. Serve with lettuce cups, hot sauce, ranch, or your favorite fried chicken accompaniment.