- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine beef with oil and rub all over with salt and spice mix.
- Transfer to medium-sized Dutch oven and add garlic, onion, peppercorns, cloves, cilantro, milk, and water. Cover with plantain leaf and lid, and cook for 6 hours, or until meat is very tender.
- Allow mixture to cool, scraping off any excess fat attached to meat. Discard garlic, peppercorns, and cloves. Shred meat finely. Strain braising liquid (discard solids) and return sauce and meat back to Dutch oven; add salt as needed. Keep warm.
- Serve in corn tortillas with red salsa.