Located in northwest Florida, Panama City is an oasis of culture, character, and charm. Not far from the world renowned white sand beaches and emerald green waters of the Gulf of Mexico you’ll find the funky little historic St. Andrews neighborhood. Once a quaint fishing village, the area is now a hotspot for local cuisine, live music, and regional art. Paying homage to their salty beginnings, they embrace their #KeepStAndrewsSalty hashtag as a true way of life. Visiting Panama City would not be complete without these ten things to do in St. Andrews, in no particular order because they should all be at the top of the list.
1. Take a historic journey into the printed past of Panama City at the Panama City Publishing Museum. Make your own creations on a working, vintage printing press at the original home of Panama City’s first newspapers.
2. Take a stroll through Oaks by the Bay Park. Admire the intricate details of a towering Chad Gainey chainsaw sculpture and relax with a picnic near the calming cool waters of the St Andrews Bay just down the boardwalk.
3. Turn happy hour into happy hours! Spend an afternoon at Little Village and Finn’s at Little Village dining, drinking, and relaxing in a lake-side palapa, and perusing quaint huts and a large indoor shopping area filled with boutique fashion and local jewelry creations.
4. Explore your artsy side at Floriopolis. Paint, craft, and form your own creations at Art on the Spot and Art in Action classes, and take advantage of art, music, and storytelling events for all ages. Become a part of the St Andrews landscape and take a selfie in front of Floriopolis outdoor public art display made by local artists and volunteers.
5. Saturdays are sweeter at The Market at St. Andrews. Homegrown fare and creative wares line the boardwalk near St. Andrews Marina on Saturday mornings, offering a family-friendly, pet-friendly experience for all ages. Shopping, eating, and hands-on activities make for a great start to the weekend!
6. Take in the sounds and flavors of St. Andrews nightlife. Live music greets your ears, exceptional dining curbs your late-night cravings, and local brews treat your palette at indoor and outdoor favorites Tap Room, Salty Oak, Los Antojitos, and Salty Hobo.
7. #KeepStAndrewsSalty with trademark artisan shopping. Beck Avenue is lined with shops and boutiques that showcase the creativity and quirkiness small business owners have poured into their passions. Find kayaks and outdoors staples at Sunjammers, the latest fashion at The Trendy Side and Adonia, and gifts and souvenirs at Native Spirit Museum and Gallery.
8. Enjoy a unique family friendly experience at Papa Joe’s Bayside. Spend a day on the water with convenient on-site pontoon rentals and deep sea charter excursions. At the end of the day savor the sunset with outdoor live music, lawn seating, and tasty food trucks.
9. Catch a signature St. Andrews sunset. Sunsets are what Panama City is made of and St. Andrews Marina paints a perfect picture of relaxation with a sprinkling of sailboats extending across a gorgeous setting sun.
10. Spread your spiritual wings at Capstone House. Dedicated to healing and spiritual exploration through intuitive and psychic readings, reiki, massage, crystals and art, this unique experience also offers crafts, jewelry, and other items from local vendors.
Mentioned in this post: