- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, black pepper, and salt to pan and cook, stirring occasionally until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Remove beef from skillet, draining off any excess fat, and cool slightly on a paper towel-lined plate. Return beef to pan and mix with Sweet Dixie sauce.
- Pour beans into a colander and let sit for at least 5 minutes, allowing excess liquid to drain off. Do not rinse.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together sour cream and Alabama White sauce.
- Spread beans on the bottom of a two-quart container in an even layer. Pour sour cream mixture on top and spread until even. Top with an even layer of shredded cheese, followed by the ground beef mixture.
- Sprinkle chopped pickles, red onion, and scallions on top in that order.
Enjoy with thick, ridged potato chips or tortilla chips.