1.5 lbs ground beef
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
2 16-ounce cans vegetarian baked beans
3/4 cup Sweet Dixie Bar-B-Que Sauce
8 ounce package Colby Jack cheese, shredded
8 ounce sour cream
1/3 cup Alabama White Bar-B-Que sauce
1 cup dill pickle chips, roughly chopped
1/2 cup green onions, chopped, green parts only (about half a bunch)
1/2 medium-sized red onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
1 large bag ridged potato chips
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, black pepper, and salt to pan and cook, stirring occasionally until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Remove beef from skillet, draining off any excess fat, and cool slightly on a paper towel-lined plate. Return beef to pan and mix with Sweet Dixie sauce.
- Pour beans into a colander and let sit for at least 5 minutes, allowing excess liquid to drain off. Do not rinse.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together sour cream and Alabama White sauce.
- Spread beans on the bottom of a two-quart container in an even layer. Pour sour cream mixture on top and spread until even. Top with an even layer of shredded cheese, followed by the ground beef mixture.
- Sprinkle chopped pickles, red onion, and scallions on top in that order.
Enjoy with thick, ridged potato chips or tortilla chips.
- Pat Martin, Martin's Bar-B-Que Joint, Nashville