A simple blueberry jam tart recipe that yields an impressive dessert. Begin with simple, flaky puff pastry, incorporate your own homemade jam or quality store-bought preserves, compile, bake, and enjoy. Be sure to seek out large coconut flakes so that the essence of the coconut seeps into the berries as the tart bakes.
1 (4 by 4-inch) square frozen sore-bought puff pastry, preferably all-butter (such as Dufour brand), defrosted
¼ cup blueberry jam
2 tablespoons unsweetened, large coconut flakes
2 tablespoons low-fat Greek-style yogurt, whisked smooth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured countertop, roll out pastry to about 6 square inches. Pierce the dough every ½ inch with a fork (helps pastry rise evenly). Mound jam in the center of the dough.
- Lightly moisten edges of dough with water and pull and fold up sides to edges of jam, forming pleats so dough cradles jam. Scatter coconut flakes on top.
- Transfer tart to prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until it has puffed and turned golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer dessert plate, add a dollop of yogurt, and enjoy.
Recipe ByJoe Yonan, Food and Travel Editor at The Washington Post
Contributing CityWashington DC