- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add butter and cook, stirring occasionally to brown but be careful not to burn. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside to cool to room temp.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add sugar and butter and mix well to combine. Add eggs, yolk, and vanilla to mixture and combine thoroughly on medium speed.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix on medium speed, stopping occasionally to scrape the sides of the bowl, until the mixture is homogenous.
- Add nuts, dried fruit, and chocolate to mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Grease a 9×9 baking dish and place parchment at the bottom of it. Spread batter into pan, using an offset spatula to make sure it’s even.
- Bake for approximately 14 minutes until edges are golden and center is still soft but springs back. Let cool to room temperature before cutting.
Recipe ByChef Meredith Tomason of RareSweets, Washington, DC
Contributing CityWashington DC