Bourbon stirred with homemade pumpkin seed milk gives this drink a spiced creaminess similar to a bourbon-spiked pumpkin pie.
Seeds from 1 pumpkin
2 ounces High West American Prairie Bourbon
¼ ounce Pumpkin Seed Milk and Turbinado Sugar Syrup (recipe follows)
3 dashes of Abbott’s Bitter
Pumpkin Seed Milk and Turbinado Syrup
Dressed Up Sling cocktail
Make the pumpkin seed milk and turbinado Syrup
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Carve your Halloween pumpkin and place seeds on baking pan. Place seeds in oven and bake 40 minutes.
- Soak roasted seeds in water for 3 hours (1 part seeds to 3 parts water).
- Add soaked seeds and water to blender and purée. Strain through mesh strainer, nut milk bag, or cheese cloth.
- Combine 1 part of seed milk with 2 parts turbinado sugar in pot and over medium-low heat. Stir until sugar is melted.
- Refrigerate in sealed container.
Make the cocktail
- Combine all ingredients over ice, and stir until chilled.
- Garnish with lemon peel.
Recipe ByNeal Bodenheimer of CureCo in New Orleans, Louisiana