- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In mixer fitted with paddle attachment, combine butter and brown sugar until light in color.
- Combine eggs and vanilla extract. Add to sugar mixture. Mix until blended then scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula.
- Sift together dry ingredients then add ⅓ to mixer. Mix to combine then add ½ of milk. Alternate adding dry ingredients and milk, ending with dry.
- Use a 2-inch cookie cutter to trace circles onto piece of parchment, leaving at least 1-inch space between circles. Turn parchment over and use piping bag with wide #7 tip to pipe batter into circles.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
Mint Ice Cream
- Combine milk, cream, ½ cup sugar, and mint in small saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to simmer and then turn off heat. Let rest 1 hour, then remove mint.
- Whisk together egg yolks and ½ cup sugar.
- Return cream mixture to heat and bring to boil. Reduce heat. Pour 1/3 of cream into yolks and whisk to combine, then pour yolk mixture back into pot.
- Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until mixture thickens. Do not boil.
- Strain through fine sieve then place in refrigerator to cool, stirring frequently.
- Once cool, whisk in peppermint extract then cover with plastic wrap and let rest in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Churn in ice cream maker following maker’s instructions.
- To assemble whoopie pie, sandwich one scoop of ice cream between 2 whoopie pies and serve immediately.