3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 sticks butter
1 and 7/8 cups (13 ounces) sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars.
- With the mixer on slowest speed, add vanilla and eggs.
- Add dry mix and blend only until incorporated.
- Let cookie dough chill until firm.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Use a 1-ounce scoop to evenly dollop dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 4 minutes, turn, then bake additional 5 minutes.
Use with Chocolate Chip Gelato or Red Velvet Cake Gelato and make a gelato cookie sandwich.
Recipe ByJacques Larson of Beardcat's Sweet Shop on Sullivans Island, South Carolina