Tthe espresso martini, has become increasingly popular over the last few years, and this rings true at Pulito Osteria in Jackson, Mississippi. Their espresso martini utilizes a coffee concentrate for powerful espresso flavor, salted demerara sugar, and local distiller Cathead vodka for a powerful and well-balanced martini.
Makes 1 cocktail
1½ ounces Cathead Vodka
1 ounce coffee concentrate
¾ ounce Kahlua
½ ounce salted vanilla demerara sugar
Make the coffee concentrate
- Combine 1 cup of medium roast coffee (we prefer Bean Fruit’s Crimson Stamp) with 3 cups of hot water in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil, while being sure to stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to steep for 15 minutes. Fine strain the concentrate through a chinois into an airtight container, allow to cool, and store in the refrigerator.
Make the salted vanilla demerara sugar
- Combine 2 cups of turbinado sugar, ½ tablespoon vanilla, and ½ teaspoon salt with 1 cup boiling water and stir until all ingredients have dissolved. Allow to cool and store in the refrigerator.
Make the cocktail
- Add cooled ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake for 60 seconds.
- Strain into martini glass and serve.
Recipe ByPulito Osteria in Jackson, Mississippi